Chatbots relating to travel agencies, hotels, tourism services and destinations are among the finalists of the second Chatbots Tourism Awards competition, organised by SEGITTUR and Fitur in collaboration with Planeta Chatbot.
The competition, which will be held during Fitur Know-How & Export, aims to find the best solutions for chatbots/voice apps and conversation technology, both at a national and international level, employed by tourism destinations and companies to improve tourists’ experiences before, during and after their trips.
The chatbots selected in the tourist destination category are as follows:
– Taro, the chatbot of the Local Entrepreneurial Public Entity – Centres of Art, Culture and Tourism. It was created for Lanzarote to help tourists find information on places of interest, restaurants, etc.
– Canaryfulness, relaxing sounds of nature from the Canary Islands. It is an Amazon Alexa skill that consists of seven songs representing each of the islands.
– Quito Guide. This chatbot works on Facebook Messenger and is available to answer any questions about the capital of Ecuador: culture, places, history and location.
Within the tourist services category, those selected were:
– Nicehop. A chatbot that can be accessed through WhatsApp. It provides information on the best travel offers.
– Zalia by Zafiro Hoteles. It has over 200 interactions and helps make the room booking and general information processes easier.
– Iris by Destinia. This is available on WhatsApp and Facebook and aims to help users find the best offers for both flights and hotels in line with Destinia’s philosophy, and even helps answer questions that may arise during the purchase process, such as how and where to pay.
The chatbot finalists will be assessed by a jury with representatives from Fitur, Turespaña, IBM, Malaga City Council, Chatbot Chocolate and SEGITTUR. The winners will be announced on Thursday 23 January during Fitur Know-How & Export.