SEGITTUR is participating in the European NAPOCTEP project, which aims to develop and incorporate the “Destination Napoleon” European cultural itinerary in order to promote sustainable cultural and heritage tourism in the Spanish and Portuguese territories concerned within the POCTEP cooperation area.
Forming part of the Interreg V-A Spain-Portugal (POCTEP) 2014-2020 programme, it has three objectives:
- To inventory the tangible and intangible heritage assets on the itinerary in the POCTEP area;
- To study, design and put in place signposting for all the attractions that are of interest;
- To develop a heritage and tourism product in collaboration with companies within the sector.
There are seven partners involved in this initiative in addition to SEGITTUR. They include:
- Comunidade Intermunicipal das Beiras e Serra da Estrela-CIMBSE
- Regional Tourist Office for Central Portugal
- Rota Histórica das Linhas de Torres
- Associaçao para o Desemvolvimento Turístico e Patrimonial das Linhas de Torres Vedras
- Siglo Foundation for Tourism and the Arts in Castilla y León
- Santa María La Real Foundation for Historical Heritage
- Finnova Foundation
SEGITTUR’s role in the project will be focused on:
- Support tasks linked to the process of auditing and certifying the sustainability of the itinerary.
- Support for the creation of the dissemination plan
- Organisation of and participation in communication activities